2010 TXU Energy Turkey Trot
Benefiting Sheltering Arms Senior Services
Thursday, November 25: 7:45 am
For the past 18 years, the TXU Energy Turkey Trot benefiting Sheltering Arms Senior Services has become the largest Thanksgiving Day race in the Houston area. Thousands of people from all over the city, surrounding areas, and even visitors from out of town run or walk together for a great cause. From young children to older adults, many Houstonians have made the Trot a part of their family’s Thanksgiving holiday tradition.
This race is fully sanctioned and certified by the Gulf Association of USA Track & Field.
- 6:00 a.m. – 7:30 am Race Day Registration / Packet Pick-Up
- 7:55 a.m. – 10K and 5K Wheelchair Start
- 8:00 a.m. – 10K Run / Walk Start
- 8:15 a.m. – 5K Run / Walk Start
- 9:15 a.m. – Kids Run / Walk Start
- New start location this year! Dillard’s Galleria, [email protected] Post Oak | MAP
- We have long-sleeve T-shirts this year for all race participants! Sign up early to ensure you grab your size at packet pick-up.
- The race will use disposable chip-timing. This year we will be utilizing the ChronoTrackSystem ™ D-Tag ™ which is a disposable tag that participants peel off their bibs and place on their shoe to record their time.
How You Help Seniors Embrace Life
Your participation in this year’s TXU Energy Turkey Trot will help Sheltering Arms continue its mission to promote the dignity and independence of older adults through service, advocacy and support for caregivers.
Since 1893, Sheltering Arms has been a trusted resource for providing services for the elderly in the Houston area. Because of our expertise, we are able to extend our capabilities and passion for helping seniors embrace life at each and every stage. We serve seniors and their family caregivers who are able to pay for services and those who need financial assistance.
Whether you run, walk, volunteer, or participate as a spectator, your support is invaluable in helping us help more seniors through this annual event.
ABOUT SHELTERING ARMS
Sheltering Arms Senior Services is Houston’s oldest nonprofit agency for the older adult community. Last year alone, the agency served approximately 68,000 seniors and family caregivers. Proceeds from the 18th annual Turkey Trot help further the agency’s mission to promote the dignity and independence of older adults through service, advocacy and support for caregivers. Visit www.ShelteringArms.org/Trot2010 for more details regarding online registration and additional information. Sheltering Arms provides Alzheimer’s care and Houston’s first dementia-specific adult day center, as well as other services including personal care assistance, Lifeline medical alert services and geriatric care management.