Galveston’s Grand 1894 Opera House 2012–13 performing arts season, which brings a series of larger-than-life theatrical, musical, and Broadway performances to the Island, kicks off on Saturday, September 29.
• Tap Dogs October 8, 7 p.m.
• Pianist James Dick October 21, 4 p.m.
When this bedazzling ball of fire takes center stage, you’re sure to fall under the spell of her iconic star power! Backed by a six-piece band, Liza takes you on a high-energy tour of her life and legendary show-stopping hits.
• A Chorus Line November 23–24, 8 p.m./2 p.m./8 p.m.
Winner of nine Tony Awards and a Pulitzer Prize, this worldwide favorite showcases the hope and heartbreak of dancers who put everything on the line to land a job on Broadway.
• The Texas Tenors December 15, 8 p.m.
• Houston’s Children’s Chorus Holiday Pops December 16, 4 p.m.
• The Shoji Tabuchi Road Show December 18–19, 7 p.m./7 p.m.
• The Kingston Trio December 22, 8 p.m.
• Jerry Jeff Walker December 29, 8 p.m.
“Boldly go” to The Grand for laugh-out-loud humor and even some poignant moments presented by this internationally recognized icon and raconteur.
• Steve Solomon’s My Mother’s Italian, My Father’s Jewish, and I’m Home for the Holidays January 12, 8 p.m.
• The Oak Ridge Boys January 19–20, 7:30 p.m./3 p.m.
• Ed Asner as FDR January 26, 8 p.m.
• Ronnie Milsap February 16–17, 8 p.m./3 p.m.
• Elvis Lives February 23–24, 8 p.m./3 p.m.
• Montana Rep’s Biloxi Blues March 2, 8 p.m.
• Savion Glover’s SoLe Sanctuary: A Hoofer’s Meditation on the Art of Tap March 9, 8 p.m.
• I Get a Kick Out of Cole: The Rob Landes Trio Plays Cole Porter March 17, 4 p.m.
• Lord of the Dance created by Michael Flatley March 21-22, 7 p.m./8 p.m.
With new costumes and the latest in lighting, this timeless Irish folk tale of good versus evil dances its way onto The Grand’s stage for two incredible performances of traditional and modern Celtic music and dancing.
• Billy Dean with special guest Jimmy Fortune of the Statler Brothers March 30, 8 p.m.
• Hal Holbrook in Mark Twain Tonight April 13, 8 p.m.
• Comedienne Jeanne Robertson April 20, 8 p.m.
• The Addams Family June 21–22, 8 p.m./2 p.m./8 p.m.
This musical comedy based on The Addams Family characters may be “creepy and kooky and all together ooky,” but it’s also funny, highly entertaining, and fun for the whole family!
The 2012–13 season also includes the Harris L. Kempner Serious Fun Children’s Series. For more information on performances and tickets, visit thegrand.com. The Grand 1894 Opera House is located at 2020 Avenue E in Galveston. —Megan Smith